Welcome to NAPTA
The National Association of Professional Teaching Assistants (NAPTA) is a membership organisation that works with schools and other education settings to realise the potential of teaching assistants. It provides its members with a range of specialist services to help individuals develop in supporting learning and to deliver whole-school improvement.
Thousands of schools across the country have become members of NAPTA and enjoy a range of benefits, including resources and support for performance management and CPD.
NAPTA membership offers a range of benefits designed to make a significant contribution to:
- teaching assistant development
- preparation for inspection
- improving teaching quality and outcomes
- saving time for middle and senior leaders.
NAPTA member schools receive an impressive package of guidance, support and resources.
Read about others’ experiences as shown in NAPTA members’ testimonials.
As part of its commitment to developing support staff and supporting their managers, NAPTA also provides news, information and planning resources for support staff and their managers.
Please take a tour of our Information site.
Ixion College are currently offering Government-funded courses for teaching assistants:
- Teaching Assistant/Support with ESOL
- Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in School - Level 3 (QCF)
- Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - Level 3 (QCF)
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant Certificate (HLTA) - Level 4 (QCF)
- Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools (SEN) - Level 3 (QCF)
When registering for any of the above courses, please use the coupon code ac-ppub.