The Development Resources provide easy-to-implement training via prepared resources, delivered online via the NAPTA website.
These resources help schools to meet the needs highlighted in the detailed training needs analysis reports, by addressing individual development needs, offering institutional guidance, and acting as sources of reference or self-study material.
They can enable support staff to improve their own practice, as well as helping to save management time and improve support staff recruitment, retention and general management.
The resources are applicable to a wide range of job roles. Contents include:
- Meeting Individual Needs – Targeted CPD mapped to the NAPTA reports.
- CPD Portfolio Builder – Support for staff members in directing their own professional development and getting the most out of performance reviews.
- The Good Practice Guide – Guidance on support staff management.
- Understanding the Child – Reference material for all staff on a wide range of children’s needs relating to health, education and well-being.
- Marking Guide – A guide to assessing pupils’ work, written especially for teaching assistants.